Other installation options
Sysadmin / CLI installations
To be written.
Build spellers from source
It is possible to build your own spellers directly from source, and as part of that also modify the source to fit your needs. Do as follows:
- Follow the instructions here to make sure you have all tools required to build your own speller.
- Create a folder to store all packages in, e.g. langtech/.
- Download the giella core
tarball (use the green Code button, then
select Download Zip), which contains prerequisites
for all languages. After the download, unpack it in the dir you
made above, and do the following:
cd giella-core ./configure make sudo make install
- Do the same for giella shared.
- Download the language source code tarball for your language:
- Unpack in the same dir as above, and run the following commands:
cd YOURLANGUAGE ./configure --with-hfst --enable-spellers make sudo make install
Replace YOURLANGUAGE with the name of the language directory you just unpacked.
There are more than hundred other languages available for download at github.com/giellalt, from production quality languages to tiny experiments.